Last updated date (01 September 2018). This privacy notice governs the collection, storage and use of personal information collected by us, Found Pop Limited, via our website at www.foundpop.com (the “Site”). It provides you with details about the personal information we collect from you, how we use your personal information, and your rights regarding the personal information we hold about you.
Please read this privacy notice carefully – by accessing or browsing the Site, you confirm that you have read, understood and agree to this privacy notice in its entirety. If you do not agree to this privacy notice in its entirety, you must not use the Site.
We are Found Pop Limited, the owner and operator of the Site. Found Pop Limited is a company registered in England and Wales (registration number 11133091. whose registered office is at 14-16 Great Pulteney Street, London, United Kingdom, W1F 9ND and we are the data controller of the personal information that we collect from you.
We respect your right to privacy and will only process personal information you provide to us in accordance with applicable data protection laws. In this privacy notice, we refer to the services provided by us via the Site as our “Services”. References in this privacy notice to “Found Pop”, “we”, “us” or “our” are references to Found Pop Limited.
About this privacy notice
When you use our Services, we collect personal information about you. The purpose of this privacy notice is to explain the types of information we collect, how we use it and with whom it is shared.
This privacy notice is divided into the following sections:
- How to contact us
- What is personal information?
- The personal information we collect about you
- Our cookies policy
- How do we use the personal information we collect?
- With whom do we share your personal information?
- What is our legal basis for using your personal information?
- For how long do we keep your personal information?
- Transferring your personal data outside the European Economic Area
- We are not responsible for personal information you provide to other websites
- What choices and rights do you have regarding the use of your personal information?
- Complaints and queries
- Changes to this privacy notice
How to contact us
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, or about how we use your personal information, you may contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also write to us at the following postal address:
Found Pop Limited, 14-16 Great Pulteney Street, London, United Kingdom, W1F 9ND
What is personal information?
As used in this privacy notice, the term “personal information” means any information that directly or indirectly identifies an individual (such as a name, e-mail address, postal address, phone number, credit card details, or bank account details).
The personal information we collect about you
The following personal information about you is provided to us either by you, or by third parties:
- Information that you have provided to us, such as your name, email address, telephone number, postal address, payment information, such as your credit card number, expiration date, authentication code, and similar information.
- Information you provide to us when you communicate with us, for example when you call us, email us, or write to us.
- Information about you that is publicly available.
- Information about you which we have obtained from certain third parties (for example personal information obtained from credit agencies).
- Information we collect about you when you sign up to receive updates or newsletters from us.
- Information about your location. We use this information to provide our Services to you, to improve our Services, and to send you information about products and services you may be interested in.
You can decide not to provide certain personal information. However if you choose not to provide it, you may not be able to use all of our Services.
We collect certain information about you automatically
When you use our Services, some information is also automatically collected, such as:
- Information about other websites you have visited (for example, the address of a referring website) information about how you use the Site (for example, how long you spend using it, how often you use it, and when you last used it).
- Information about your location.
- We may collect certain technical and device-specific information, such as your IP address, your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and the type of browser you are using.
We collect personal information about you using cookies
We may also automatically collect certain information through the use of “cookies.” If you wish to block, erase, or be warned of cookies, please refer to your browser manufacturer to learn about these functions. However, if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect our ability to provide our Services to you.
We may use web beacons or similar technology on our Site. Web beacons are small, invisible graphic images that may be used on our Site or in emails relating to our Services to collect certain information and monitor user activity on our Services, such as to count visits, understand usage effectiveness and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
Our cookies policy
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
Cookies for essential purposes:
First party cookies allow you to complete basic tasks on this website, such as logging in, adding products to your basket and complete the checkout process, as well as allowing you to access your account information and order history. These cookies are required for the running of this website.
Used in connection with access to admin.
Used in connection with shopping cart.
Used in connection with navigation through a storefront.
Used in connection with shopping cart
cart_sig, cart_ts, checkout_token, Secret,
Used in connection with checkout.
Used in connection with customer login.
Tracks landing pages.
_s, _shopify_fs, _shopify_s, _shopify_uniq, _shopify_visit, _shopify_y, _y
Shopify analytics & reporting used by financial reports, website troubleshooting & merchandising stock.
Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.
Shopify tracks the last Shopify shop visited.
Cookies for functional purposes:
Third party cookies allow us to review how you use this website, so that we can measure and improve performance. You can restrict these at any time but without them, the site may not perform or look as expected.
Google Analytics, _gat, _gid, __utmz
Track orders, customer behaviour, pages visited, where you left our site, device, & browser information. This helps us improve the site and your browsing experience. This tracking information isn’t linked to any of your personal details and doesn’t let us identify you as an individual.
Tracks whether or not the cookie notification has been seen and closed.
Cookies for targeting purposes:
Third party cookies allow us to personalise communications to you and to serve content that is related to your interests and purchase history.
This cookie is used for to keep track of a visitor’s identity. This cookie is passed to HubSpot on form submission and used when de-duplicating contacts.
This cookie is used to recognize visitors who chat with you via the messages tool. If the visitor leaves your site before they’re added as a contact, they will have this cookie associated with their browser. If you have a history of chatting with a visitor and they return to your site later in the same cookied browser, the messages tool will load your conversation history with that visitor.
If you are logged in to HubSpot, HubSpot will set additional authentication cookies. You can see a complete list of cookies set by HubSpot’s app here.
Records the Optimizely Classic variation that the visitor has seen for each experiment. This allows us to deliver a consistent experience on successive page loads.
Stores a visitor’s unique Optimizely identifier, for both Optimizely Classic and Optimizely X Web. It’s a combination of a timestamp and random number. No other information about you or your visitors is stored inside.
Persists the visitor’s Optimizely Classic segments: browser, campaign, mobile, source type, and any custom dimensions that you may have configured. This allows us to ensure persistence of segment membership, which improves the accuracy of segmented results.
Except for essential cookies, our session cookie will expire after the browsing session.
How do we use the personal information we collect?
We use personal information we collect for the following purposes:
- To enable us to provide our Site and our Services.
- To request feedback and to otherwise contact you about your use of our Services.
- To respond to your emails, questions, comments, requests and complaints, and to provide customer service and support.
- To monitor and analyse how you use our Site, for example, how long you spend using the Site, how you use the Site, your usage and trends.
- To personalise and improve our Services, and our users’ experiences with our Site and Services, and to increase our Sites’ and Services’ functionality and user friendliness.
- To provide you with marketing messages, news and information about events, offers, promotions and services we think will be of interest to you (if you do not wish to receive these messages, you can unsubscribe by following the instructions at the bottom of the message).
- To send you confirmations, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages, and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, our Site and Services.
- To notify you about important changes to our Services.
- To enforce, or apply this privacy notice, the terms and conditions or our other policies or agreements.
- To investigate and protect our users from fraudulent, abusive, inappropriate, or unlawful use of our Services.
- For other purposes which are explained to you at the time we collect your personal information.
With whom do we share your personal information?
We may disclose information under the following circumstances:
- Service and Site usage information: When we share anonymous information generated by our Services with our customers.
- Third-party service providers: When we share information with third-party service companies to facilitate or to provide certain services on our behalf. This will include:
- IT infrastructure companies that facilitate our provision of the Site and the Services to you, for example Shopify;
- IT support service providers; and
- Other third-party service providers, for the purpose of tracking our customers’ use of the Site and the Services ultimately to improve the overall store experience, for example Google Analytics and to securely communicate with customers and subscribers, for example Mailchimp.
These companies are authorised to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- Group companies: We may provide your personal information to our subsidiaries or affiliated companies for the purpose of processing personal information on our behalf to provide the Site and Services to you. These parties are required to process such information based on our instructions and in accordance with this privacy notice. They do not have any independent right to share this information.
- Compliance with laws and legal proceedings: When we respond to court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims. When we believe in our sole discretion it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent or take action against illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our terms and conditions, or as otherwise required by law.
- Merger or acquisition: When we need to transfer information about you if we are acquired by or merged with another company. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified afterwards via email and/or a prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
What is our legal basis for using your personal information?
We are required to ensure that we only collect, store and process your personal information where we have a legal basis to do so. When we process your personal information we will only do so where at least one of the following applies:
- as it is necessary in order for us to provide you with access to the Site and the Services, pursuant to our terms and conditions. For example, we may ask you to provide us with your address so that we can deliver to you any products that you buy or rent;
- to make the Site available to you and to provide you with content which is tailored to your individual tastes;
- to complete any transactions placed through the Site;
- to provide you with services that you request;
- where you have given us your consent, to contact you (including by SMS and e-mail) with products and services which we think may interest you; and
- where you have given us your consent, to disclose your personal information to carefully chosen third parties so that they may contact you (including by SMS and e-mail) with products and services which they think may interest you.
It is in our legitimate interests to use your personal information in certain circumstances. For example, it is in our legitimate interests to use your personal information in connection with our Services; to improve the Site; to ensure that our Services are secure; to, tell you about changes to our Services; to tell you about new services or products we are offering; for business reasons (for example to develop our business or if we are thinking of selling our business); to tell you about offers or promotions we are running; for operational purposes.
Sometimes we may ask for your consent to use certain types of personal information (e.g. by asking you to tick an online box). In these circumstances, your consent will be our legal basis for processing your personal information. If you have provided consent, you may withdraw it at any time. You may do this by “opting out” where we give you the opportunity to do so, or by contacting us using the contact details above. For example, we may ask for your consent to pass your personal information to third parties who may send you information about products, services or offers you may be interested in.
For how long do we keep your personal information?
In general we will only keep your personal information for as long as you are an active user of the Site and/or Services. When you cease to be an active user of the Site and/or Services, we will generally delete your personal information. Sometimes, however, we may keep your personal information after you have ceased to be an active user of the Site and/or Services. For example:
- we may retain personal information about how you have used our Services for as long as we think it may be useful to us in order to improve our Services and develop our business. This may include for example, information about how you have used the Site.
- We may also retain your personal information so that we can send you information about products and services we think you may be interested in. You can “unsubscribe” to receiving such messages or tell us you are no longer interested.
- We may retain your personal information in order to protect our legal rights, or those of third party, or to comply with the law.
Whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard the personal information that you provide to us, no transmission over the Internet can ever be guaranteed secure. Consequently, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information that you transfer over the Internet to us.
Transferring your personal data outside the European Economic Area
We may transfer personal information that we collect from you to third party data processors located in countries that are outside of the European Economic Area (including to the following countries Canada and the United States) in connection with the purposes set out above. Please be aware that countries which are outside the European Economic Area may not offer the same level of data protection as the United Kingdom, although our collection, storage and use of your personal data will continue to be governed by this privacy notice.
We are not responsible for personal information you provide to other websites
Our Services may contain links to other websites. Any personal information you provide on the linked pages is provided directly to that third party and is subject to that third party’s privacy notice. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of these websites or any other websites that are linked to/from our Services. We encourage you to learn about their privacy and security practices and policies before providing them with any personal information.
What choices and rights do you have regarding the use of your personal information?
You may “opt out” of receiving marketing or promotional messages from us by following the instructions in those messages. You may also opt out of such marketing by emailing us at email@example.com. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about our on-going business relations.
In addition, you also have the following rights:
- To have access to any personal information we hold about you.
- To ask us not to use your personal information for direct-marketing purposes.
- To restrict the way that we process your personal information.
- To ask us to provide your personal information to a third party provider of services.
- To have a copy of any personal information which we hold about you.
If you need help or wish to exercise any of the above rights or have questions about them, please contact us using the details above.
We will consider all such requests and provide our response as soon as we can. Please note, however, that personal information may be exempt from such requests in certain circumstances, which may include needing to keep processing your personal information for our legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation. Please note that we may request you provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity.
Complaints and queries
If you have any complaints, queries or questions about how we use your personal information, you may contact us using the contact details set out above. We will then get in touch with you to see how we can help.
If you have a complaint about how we use your personal information, we would always prefer you to contact us first. However, you may also make a complaint to the data privacy regulator if you wish to do so. In the UK the data privacy regulator is the Information Commissioner, and complaints should be made to the Information Commissioner’s Office. More information about the Information Commissioner’s Office may be found https://ico.org.uk
Changes to this privacy notice
We may amend this privacy notice from time to time. When we do, we will revise the “last updated” date at the top of this page. Please review this privacy notice periodically so that you understand how your personal information will be used.